Friends of the Ouachita Trail (FoOT), non-profit organization of trail users dedicated to the maintenance and improvement of the
Ouachita National Recreation Trail.
Links on this page are restricted to businesses that have a real relationship with FoOT or offer goods or
services locally to trail users.
Businesses offering discounts to FoOT members:
Coffee Creek Resort
– RV Park and motel near the Eastern end of the Ouachita trail at Perryville, AR
offers discounts to volunteers when they are on trail working trips.
Tim Ernst’s Cloudland.net Online Store
– Get your copy of Tim’s super guide to the Ouachita Trail
here – the Official Guidebook of FoOT! Ask about the FoOT Member discount.
Ouachita Outdoor Outfitters
– Outdoors store in Hot Springs, AR offering 10% discount to FoOT
Rich Mountain Cabins and RV Park
– RV park and cabins at Rich Mountain, AR near Queen
Wilhelmina State Park offers camping discount to FoOT members while doing trail maintenance.
Big Cedar RV Park and Cabins
– RV Park near the Ouachita trail in Big Cedar, OK.
The following have supported FoOT with donations of money, equipment or time:
– Outdoor Clothing & Gear in Tulsa, OK
Ben Meadows Company
Electrolux Home Products/Poulan Weedeaters
Highlander Cycling – Russellville, AR
International Paper Co.
Nations Small Engines, Inc., Hot Springs, AR – 501-767-6345
Pack Rat Outdoor Cente
Trail Organizations and Hiking clubs:
Oklahoma Outdoor Network
Arkansas Master Naturalists
TAKAHIK River Valley Hikers (Russellville, AR)
Partners for Pinnacle
Ouachita Mountain Hikers
Green Country Outdoor Club
Ozark Highlands Trail Association
Ozark Trail Association
American Hiking Society
U. S. Outdoor Hiking Resource Guide
Government Agencies Working With FoOT:
Arkansas Trails Council
Ouachita, Ozark & St. Francis National Forests
ONF prescribed burn information
Arkansas State Parks
Pinnacle Mountain State Park
Queen Wilhelmina State Park
Sites maintained by FoOT members and volunteers:
– “Hiker Hank” – FoOT volunteer and maker of the Trail Hankie, now available for
the Ouachita Trail
– Information and blog about hiking in western Arkansas and Eastern Oklahoma,
by Mike Newman, maintainer in section 1.
Arkansas Trails Forum
– A discussion forum all about the trails of Arkansas, hosted by Tom Trigg,
volunteer adopter in Section 2. The site has a section devoted to the Ouachita Trail and a sub-topic
for FoOT-related discussion.
Other sites with Ouachita Trail information & resources:
– “Hiking trails of the Ouachitas and Ozarks”. Charlie Williams’ site with information
about the OT, especially the western end. Also has information about shuttles.
Ouachita Trail Backpacking Guide from “JD” Smith.
Volume 1 – Talimena State Park to Upper
Volume 2 – Upper Kiamichi to Big Brushy Recreation Area
. PDF guides, with maps,
photos and trail descriptions can be downloaded via these links.
About the OT
Hiking the Trail
Biking the Trail
Adopt a Trail Section
Join the FoOT Patrol
Trail Shelter Project
Trail Maintenance Guidelines & Training
FoOT on Facebook
Federal Tax ID
Trail Maintenance Report Input Form
Administrative Activities Input Form